Hotels in Aveiro: see special price list for participants of conferences organised by the University of Aveiro. Booking for accommodation must be dealt with directly by each attendee, referring to the Conference, upon booking.
2. How to get to the University of Aveiro
The closest airport to Aveiro is the Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport in Porto. You can travel by Metro between the airport and the Campanhã railway station, which has the Alfa and Intercidade (intercity) train service to Lisbon; almost all trains stop at the Aveiro station.
– Coming from the North on the A1 motorway you must exit for Aveiro via the A25. There are two exits from A25 to the city: Aveiro Norte and a few kilometres later, Aveiro. For those whose destination is the University of Aveiro the latter is the most advisable.
– Coming from South via the A1, you must exit in Aveiro-Sul / Águeda (exit 15) and follow the EN235 to the campus.
Aveiro is situated on the main railway line of the country (Linha do Norte – Northern line). Information on train schedules is available on the CP- Comboios de Portugal website. The railway station is marked on the map. The route to the campus can be done using the following means: bus (green line); walk (it takes about 20 minutes to get there); by taxi (there is a taxi rank next to the station).
3. Meals and snacks
To see the menus, click here.
Near the Campus
– Restaurante Refúgio – Rua Calouste Gulbenkian. Tel: 234 423 191
– Autocarrobar – Largo da Universidade de Aveiro. Tel: 234 425 309
– McDonald’s Aveiro Universidade – Rua das Pombas. Tel: 234 424 941
– Restaurante 5 Reis – Rua Principal Santiago Velho. Tel: 234 382 145
– Restaurante Momentos – Av. Santa Joana. Tel: 234 338 353
– Restaurante 2 Duques – Rua Vale Guimarães. Tel: 234 427 188
– Restaurante Maré Cheia – Rua José Rabumba. Tel: 234 384 030
For more information and other suggestions, click here.
4. Location of the Conference
The Conference will take place in the building of the Department of Languages and Cultures of the University of Aveiro (see map).
40 38’06.29 “N 8 39’28.33” The
5. Practical information for speakers
5.1. Presentation of Papers
The rooms are equipped with computers and projectors. The format of the presentations must be Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx). Personal computers/ tablets cannot be used, so we recommended the use of a PEN DRIVE. If you work with Mac OS X, convert the presentation so that it is compatible with Windows PowerPoint. Oral contributions must not exceed 15 min.
5.2. Presentations of posters
The posters must comply with the information provided in paragraph 2 of
The posters will be on display throughout the Conference and must be retrieved by their authors at the end. The poster session (time TBD) functions as a discussion session and requires the presence of the authors.
6. Social Program